Joseph Patrick Conroy
Joseph Patrick Conroy is an award-winning narrative filmmaker, music video director, and street photographer. His film work has been screened at various festivals across the east coast, and garnered praise for its highly-stylized cinematography and unique approach to visual storytelling. JPC’s photo work is in direct correlation to his filmmaking aesthetic — grainy, high-contrast images shot on black and white film that depict the grittiness of urban life. Currently, JPC is compiling a book of photography and working as a cinematographer on indie films, while continuing to direct music videos for artists in and around New York City. In addition to working on his own projects, JPC freelances as a director/cinematographer/editor and operates his production company, amerikana media.
CaucAsian (2013, Comedy Webseries; 23 minutes; Writer / Director)
• Official Selection of the 2013 Urban Mediamakers Film Festival
• Voted by UMFF as one of the Top 3 Webseries of 2013
• Official Selection of the 2014 Miami Web Fest
Laff K (2015, Comedy Short; 15 minutes; Director / DP / Editor)
• Official Selection of the 2015 Ocktober FIlm Festival
Music Video Credits
• Photo series on homelessness and the income disparity in NYC featured in FLINT magazine.
Naniee and Ashleigh
• Portrait photo set featured in her. beauty. magazine.
Stories from New York City
• Collection of black and white street photography featured in Edge of Humanity.